Clickfunnels Vs Leadpages: What's Best & FREE Trials Too!
If you have been looking into which landing page or funnel software suitable marketing tool to buy, chances are, you and other people have come across both of these. Clickfunnels vs Leadpages. In my opinion, these powerful and functional two are probably the top ones on the market right now. This makes it a very good choice to compare side by side.
Both options give you a "virtual ton" of options and ways to build some of the valuable high quality and converting landing pages for visitors and leads or marketing sales funnels on the market today. But what is the main difference between the two?
Clickfunnels is a sales funnel builder tool that also allows you to upgrade to add more functionality, whereas Leadpages is a dedicated landing page and sales funnel building SAAS application.
To help make things as easy to read as possible, I tried to format everything in kind of a side-by-side comparison mode for each section of this article. Hopefully, this format helps make you decision!
Ready for the 2020 comparison to help you, as a marketer, buy the right one for you and/or your online business to capture visitors, leads and sales? So which user interface will it be? Leadpages vs Clickfunnels for your digital marketing automation enterprise value?
Lets go help you compare the two and find a simple right tools solution for freelancers, marketers or any entrepreneur like you....which is the leader in building funnels? Is it either something of these or other platforms?
Looking for something specific about each one of these when comparing the performance of these software tool options and what each one of these website software option offers offers? Take a look at our quick navigation section below and feel free to click any of these links to instantly take you to that section of this article. Building landing pages with these sales tools is fun too! These two options are great!
I will also note that we are a Clickfunnels affiliate and may receive compensation from the recommendations on this page.
- Clickfunnels Vs Leadpages Side By Side
- What Is Clickfunnels?
- What Is Leadpages?
- Features That Both Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels Have
- Differences That We Noticed With Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels
- Pricing Comparison
- Comparing The Funnel Creation Process
- Comparing The Template Selections
- Comparing The Types Of Funnels Available
- Integrating With Other Services
- Support Available
- Some of the Pros Of Each
- Some of the Cons Of Each
- Clickfunnels Vs Leadpages Affiliate Programs Available
Clickfunnels Vs Leadpages Side By Side
What Is Clickfunnels?
Basically, Clickfunnels is an online sales funnel software tool and optimized landing page marketing software created by Russell Brunson, that helps individuals and businesses you create and product launch landing pages easily in order to sell their products through a shopping cart software and services online. Read our full Clickfunnels review here.
What Is Leadpages?
Compared to Clickfunnels, this is an online sales funnel software package and landing page software that helps individuals and businesses create and product launch landing pages easily in order to sell their products and services online.
Wait, are they both landing page tools and software the same for marketers? Well, no....we need to dig a little deeper in this one vs Leadpages vs Clickfunnels article and see if one tool is a leader over the other.
So, if you read the above definitions of each of these landing page builder products, at a high level, they seem to be just about the same. And you would be right, but once your get into the details, you'll see areas where they are very different.
Let's begin with what they both do to take your sales and marketing automation tool to the next online business level in 2019 and turn you into an expert marketer for generating leads:
Features That Both Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels Have
The interface via both business tools and landing page builder boasts a huge number of things that you can do with them to not only make your landing pages look amazing, but also be able to convert well. We can all agree that the converting is the one most important feature to help you grow your online business sales and get your message out there!
Here is a feature list:
- Both Leadpages as well as Clickfunnels offers a web wysiwyg drag and drop editor / landing pages builder for your landing pages that allows you to clickable and editable drag and drop boxes customization of each element on a landing page or set of landing pages quickly and easily with a short learning curve. I love the drag and drop elements landing page editor that lets you create a sales funnel and get them published fast! Without hiring web designers or having to know images, programming or coding knowledge. All in one place.
- Tons of landing page templates to start with to make sure that your high converting landing page design comes out beautiful but convert well at the same time. Turn leads into conversions and customers with this tool!
- Simple dashboard interface drag and drop editor that organizes things very well. Save hours of performance creating and focus on website lead capture goals!
- Ability to easily integrate things for one time offs and up-sells sales to your customer as well as an email service provider.
- Need to integrate with other connected services and /or payment gateways? It offers easy integration with all the most popular email marketing software, host a webinar, messaging, content marketing, etc services out there. Just takes a few clicks to connect these services with your landing page or marketing funnel with ease.
- These offer an online marketer platform dashboard tool can easily add custom domains.
- Manage all your downloadable digital assets and do digital asset and lead magnet and digital asset lead magnet delivery automatically to your customer or leads.
- Create and save sets of reusable landing page templates for your ebusiness sales pages.
- Lead pages and Click Funnels have the ability to collect an email address (or email addresses) and set up email marketing sending for things like promotional email list, resetting passwords, sending shipping notifications and communicate to your visitors.
- Maintain an email list and opt ins that you want to stay unsubscribed to all your lists, such as Getresponse. Capture people, increase conversions and customers leads easily!
- Awesome affiliate program tool with tons of marketing materials to use and different products or alternatives to promote and earn a commission.
- Very detailed help document website section that can answer a lot of questions that pop up while working with the product. If this doesn't help you, an online chat is available as well.
- Fully mobile responsive handling many different landing page screen sizes.
- A B Split testing tool feature settings that allow you to create landing pages variations and goal A/B test split testing them against each other to find the best converting page for your audience. Creating landing pages and A B split testing your visitors is fun too!
- Clickfunnel vs Leadpages have traffic stats for your marketing campaigns to give you access to your traffic numbers and conversion rate of conversions to capture leads and lead scoring at a glance. Great one for when you are testing different things for conversion rates.
- Add tracking codes to your landing page, such as Google Analytics traffic or Google Adwords traffic to your head or body sections of your landing page.
- Ability to easily drop pixels and other tracking code into your sales marketing automation landing pages, email testing like Getresponse, etc.
- Configurable basic SEO settings for landing pages (title tags, headings, meta descriptions, meta keywords, a lot more, etc).
- Fast website hosting tool for your landing pages and sales funnels. Clickfunnels and Leadpages offers excellent hosting for their landing pages all hosted right though the builder.
- Available landing page WordPress plugin that allows you to publish your landing pages right to your WordPress site.
- Ability to share entire sales funnels with other users, marketer, or entrepreneur that have them already pre built.
- Both Leadpages and Clickfunnels have FREE 14 day trial offers that lets you try before you buy for your business! Get to using the landing page builder and testing a landing page in minutes at no risk.
- Add all the most popular social media sharing buttons to all your existing landing pages on your campaigns, landing page, blog posts or other pages.
- Shopping cart integration tool.
- Add countdown timers for scarcity.
- Ability to send a one text message, multiple text messages and use text messaging.
- Both are are easy to use with a good onboarding process to help you begin your marketing efforts quickly.
- The landing pages Clickfunnels and Leadpages software tool create are both excellent.
- A lot of integrations and features for people and businesses.
Differences That We Noticed With Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels
While there are quite a few feature similarities among the Click Funnels and Leadpages platform, as seen above, there are a few differences in offerings for marketers to help send out their marketing message as well. I think that knowing what these differences are is really going to help you decide which one is best for you.
The Biggest Difference Of Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels:
Landing pages Clickfunnels is an easier to use landing page builder (in my opinion). Why? Well, when you select your landing page template, the entire Clickfunnels sales funnel process is created and all tied together automatically. So after that you just need to edit each page and you are good to go. You can also easily add/change/delete steps in the sales funnel right from the website editor with a few simple clicks on the website.
With using Leadpages, compared to using Clickfunnels, you need to create each sales page individually and tie them together manually into a funnel (at least this is how it worked at the time of this writing). Still works well but a bit more cumbersome.
Here are other differences of marketer management capabilities that we found with Leadpages compared to Clickfunnels and other tools like this.
- Huge “Clickfunnels Funnel Marketplace” that Clickfunnels allows you to shop for some fantastic professional landing page designs to use in your landing pages. You can also create and sell your own sales funnel templates here. A great way to make a little extra money (and maybe even pay for the subscription!) is to create some custom templates and sell them here!
- Cool unique free Clickfunnels T-Shirt offer available for customers that complete a few easy tasks like creating your first funnel, watching a simple customer intro video.
- Has a built in ad creator that reads your landing page and creates a Facebook ad for you to use. Instantly!
- Clear Campaign ROI which allows you to easily see your ROI data on your ad spend.
- Sub accounts allowing you to get others on your team to manage your pages for you.
- Leadpages Leadlinks tools feature offer that allows you to set up your landing page software tool to where a visitor or customers can subscribe to your list with just a single click with ease.
How much does pricing Clickfunnels Cost and what features is offered for the tool price tag?
- Start with a 14 day FREE Trial offer. Click here!
- Standard Clickfunnels pricing - starts at 97 per month. This basic plan gives you slots to create up to 20 funnels sales funnels 100 pages and up to 20,000 visitors per month for this platform. All at a great cost.
- Clickfunnels Etison Suite - $297 month. This package basically unlocks all the limitations on the standard plan and makes the number of marketing funnels/landing unlimited website traffic and pages. Includes Actionetics email autoresponder software for your email campaigns sequence and Backpack.
- Clickfunnels Platinum -
$697$297 per month for a limited time. This advanced plan basically includes unlimited contacts, sales funnels, etc. Access to their new Official Funnel Hacker Forum. "Daily Virtual Hack-A-Thons" which are designed to help you through the process of creating your sales funnel from start to finish. New platform called "FunnelFlix". This platform is basically like a "Netflix of funnel info". All training, courses, etc from Clickfunnels exist in FunnelFlix - all included and it makes it so you do not need to buy any of their courses because they are all there! If you order right now, during their 5th birthday promotion, you can get Clickfunnels Platinum for $297 per month for a limited time instead of the regular $697. Basically the full Etison suite.
* Note - billed monthly payments, but doing annual billing does give you a Clickfunnel discount on these prices. 30 day money back guarantee refund policy as well. Accepts credit card, etc
How much does Leadpages Cost and what features is offered?
- Start with a 14 day FREE Trial.
- Standard Leadpages pricing - $37 per month. Great starter account that gives you access to many features but some are locked out.
- Leadpages Pro Plan - $97 month. This is their most popular plan and it goes you full access other than priority email service and support, some of the advanced email integrations, virtual workshops, etc.
- Leadpages Advanced - $321 per month. The advanced plan is a complete access to everything including a 1-on-1 call to help you get started.
* Note - doing annual billing does give you a discount on these prices.
Comparing The Funnel Creation Process
Both products feature easy to understand landing page creation processes, but they are naturally slightly different when comparing Clickfunnels and Leadpages software. Note, a funnel is basically a series of pages that make up the marketing campaign. Let's see how each one of these landing page software option features lets you create sales funnels.
Compared to Leadpages, Once you click the "Add New" Button, you are greeted with the following screen that allows you to choose the type of sales funnel you are going to be creating. What is interesting is the number of options it gives you!
On one side, you have the classic Clickfunnels tool process that gives you a more stripped down and customizable option for testing. The other give you the "Cookbook" option which is extremely cool! Look at the image below:
To me, the classic option in the suite is great if you want to quickly and easily create a small optin funnel, sales page or a webinar registration events sales page. If you want to get more advanced, the Cookbook designed landing page Builder is just the right thing and saves hours of time!
The Click Funnels marketing funnels Cookbook page Builder starts you off by choosing a funnel type such as video sales letter, 2-step tripwire, application, reverse squeeze page, live demo, etc. All types of different sales funnels to choose from. They even have each of these categorized by industry such as Author/Speaker/Coach, Retail, Professional Services, B2B, etc.
Whether you want lead generation for email subscribers or sell a product, it is an awesome and easy way to create a set of landing pages and funnel.
Once you choose tools like this, you are greeted with a landing page that looks like this which Clickfunnels lets you to choose your landing page template (or start from scratch) and get started.
And you are good to go! Tweak you design from the template starting point (or start with a blank screen), add additional pages/steps in your sales funnel process, integrate with third party applications and Clickfunnel services, create split test landing pages for conversion, etc.
Compared to Clickfunnels, Once you sign up here, you are taken to the main screen and in the top right hand corner there is a button allowing you to "Create New Leadpage". Once you click this button, you are given three choices depending on the type of Leadpage that you want to create:
After you choose one of the three above options, you are lead to a screen that allows you to further design what you are attempting to create Leadpages leadboxes. Let's take the "Generate Leads" lead capture option. The next step brings you to this:
Then, depending on the option you take here, it brings you to a selection of templates to use to get started.
Comparing The Template Selections
Here is a quick selection of what some of the marketers templates look like for Leadpages and Clickfunnels tools. Both Clickfunnels vs Leadpages compare to each other quite well for your customers and sales.
Clickfunnels has an excellent software selection of fantastic looking templates to get started with. The other cool thing is that you can filter all of these by the functionality of each example template. This includes filtering by optin, sales, leads, webinar funnels, content membership sites for members, clickpop, etc types of sales funnels:
Here is just a small sample of the Clickfunnels landing page templates that they have available.
Still want more page template options? Take a look at this small selection from the Funnel Marketplace that is also available. Some amazing looking landing page designs in here from other users just like you!
There is no shortage of different Leadpages templates to choose from here for your website. They are also categorized very well by use inside the Leadpages editor software.
Like I mentioned in the last section, when you choose the type of promotion that you plan to use this for, it automatically filters out the best templates to use for whatever you choose.
However, you can still choose to browse all the templates available. Here is just a small sample of what you can get here.
Quick note, there are two different types of example templates:
Drag and drop templates:
Comparing The Types Of Funnels Available
Both tools like Clickfunnels and Leadpages have an amazing array of different types of sales funnels and landing pages that you can choose and build from and show your ideal customer. Whether you choose to use Clickfunnels or use Leadpages software, look here:
- Regular optin - gives you a starting point with both the landing page or squeeze page complete with opt-in forms for leads and thank you page.
- Sales funnel - includes a main sales page content, lead capture, product launch funnel step, order form page (name email etc), shopping cart, images, one click upsell (OTO), order bumps, one click downsell, order confirmation.
- Webinar funnel - includes registration, thank you and broadcast room pages.
- Membership site builder - signup links page and main content page.
- Other - Clickpop pop-up forms.
- Regular optin (emails, names, etc).
- Sales funnel.
- Mini Site creation.
- Event Registration.
Note - these are individual lead pages that you string together content in order to create a funnel.
Integrating With Other Services
Here is a quick chart showing 3rd party management software of integrations integrates with Leadpages vs Clickfunnels. An excellent marketer feature for both.
Third Party Service
GVO Pure Leverage
Payment Processor Gateway:
Easy Pay Direct
Zapier (for Marketo, etc)
As you would expect, Leadpages compared to Clickfunnels software have excellent and effective methods and feature for helping and customer support when you need it.
- Detailed searchable Knowledgebase content for quick and instant answers and guide to your applicable questions.
- Online marketing messaging system.
- Lots of helpful tutorial videos and course.
- The level of definite support you get really depends on the account level that you choose. Higher tiers include things like one-on-one quick start calls, priority phone support and virtual workshops.
- Detailed knowledge base.
- Contact message form.
- Weekly Q&A coaching funnels webinars.
Some of the Pros Of Each
So what are the good points to using either of these landing page software options? Given all the different features available in each, there are quite a few pros that they both share such as how easy they are to use, the ability to do split testing to help increase conversion rates on different variations of your sales funnels, etc. However, what about the pros of what Clickfunnels offers vs the pros of what Leadpages offers:
- Awesome affiliate program with the ability to not only earn from promoting Clickfunnels itself, but also any sales you make on any other product by Etison Inc.
- Prebuilt funnels available to get you started right away with minimal editing.
- They are always adding new features, creating new tutorials and videos, and they really want to help you succeed.
- I love how easy it is to share funnels that you create with others to help them with their lead capture campaigns.
- Cheaper option compared to the competitor here. The cheapest standard plan is quite limited but it is still a good way to get your feet wet in creating sales funnels and building an email list before upgrading to a pro plan.
- Intuitive and simple to use. Creating landing pages is fun and easy!
- A huge number of different templates to choose from that look very professional.
- Excellent choice if you are just looking to create quick landing pages for lead generation campaigns while still giving you more tools to help you create full email marketing campaigns complete with sales funnels.
- Using Leadpages is simple and straightforward.
Some of the Cons Of Each
With everything, nothing is perfect in these landing page tools. Above, we have gone over a lot of the benefits that each of these offers based on the software features that click funnels and leadpages provide. However, there are always some disadvantages that you need to realize as well between Clickfunnels vs Leadpages. I also wish there was some kind of ad builder to go with each of these.
- When comparing standard plans, it is the most expensive at $97 per month (but with that said, well worth that price!)
- With the amount of options available and things you can do, it can take awhile to get your head around it. However, there are excellent training videos available as well as a ton of info from users on Youtube. If you ever have any issues figuring out how to do anything, a quick Youtube search or looking in the available knowledge base can quickly solve it.
- While there are work-arounds for just about anything to get it to work, I wish there were more integrations options available.
- Some other features are lacking that Clickfunnels already has but perhaps in the future, they will come.
- I found the landing page designer to be more limited than other products.
- While it is quite a lot cheaper, the cheaper plans do have a lot of limitations such as the basic plan only gives you the ability to create one site.
- Leadpages implementations appear to be not as extensive as Clickfunnels.
Clickfunnels Vs Leadpages Affiliate Programs Available
I wasn't sure if I was going to add this section because I was not sure if my readers would be interested in promoting either Clickfunnels vs Leadpages landing page software products. However, after some thought, I thought that I would include this in case anyone wanted to try to promote it and make their money back on the purchase of these (or in many cases, many times more!). Both have excellent affiliate programs with a huge potential of earning a hefty income for a good affiliate marketer!
The affiliate program here is HUGE and the potential for a huge affiliate commission is there. Many different products to promote and earn money with. Here are just some highlights of the affiliate programs:
- Earn money by giving away a FREE book. This funnel also includes a number of upsells that can bring earnings as high as $927!
- Dream Car promotion. Get 100 active users and you get a bonus of extra payment towards a lease of your dream car.
- Funnel giveaway promotions.
- Webinar funnels promotions.
Personally, I recommend promoting the 14-day free trial because the more of these that you generate for them, the better your chances at getting $38 per month per active paying user. These add up after while and can potentially provide a great monthly income.
They also have an extremely extensive library of promotional and marketer materials to use to help make those sales. These include conversation and email marketing swipes, banner ads, Facebook ads, Facebook posts, and much more.
If you are a Clickfunnels affiliate, you know the potential for this software here is huge!
More Clickfunnels affiliate program info here.
The Leadpages affiliate program is a bit more basic than the Clickfunnels option but it is still a solid program. You can earn 30% recurring commissions on all your sales.
I also have not seen anything as far as promotional materials to help out with selling the software product - so it appears that you may be on your own for now on this but I would imagine that something would be added here in the future.
They also have a 14-day free trial on this software allowing you to try sales pages out first.
Here is our Leadpages / ClickFunnels summary conversation and everything you need to know for business owners or internet marketer. As you can see above, both business Clickfunnels and Leadpages are excellent options. But which page software would I recommend for creating the best landing pages? Are either one of these a leader over the other software and everything you need and one of the best for you? Bottom line, it's your choice.
Well, for your information, personally I prefer and use Leadpages vs Clickfunnels vs anything else out there because I find it easier to use. But, if I were you, since they both have a 14 day free trial, I would recommend signing up for both of them, give them a try for free, build a landing page using Clickfunnels or Leadpages, and choose the one that you like best between Leadpages or Clickfunnels! Give us some customer feedback below on your experience and give us a response after your free 14 day trial! Yes, don't forget that free trial to get a part of the action.
Some other excellent articles to help with your landing page builder management software decisions and other landing page software packages:
- Clickfunnels alternatives
- What Is The 2 Comma Club?
- How to delete a funnel in Clickfunnels
- Can I use Paypal with Clickfunnels?
- Clickfunnels Shopify integration
Other Comparisons on easy to use any one of these landing pages creators and page software:
Social Media Sharing:
Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels
I hope this Clickfunnels and Leadpages article helped you make your decision!