Clickfunnels Vs Leadpages: What's Best & FREE Trials Too!
*Update For Sept 24, 2019 - Clickfunnels just recently began celebrating their 5th birthday and with this, they made a huge announcement and addition. A new pricing tier called Clickfunnels Platinum. For more info on this, skip down to the pricing section to see all the new features it includes.
If you have been looking into which landing page or funnel software suitable tool to buy, chances are, you have come across both of these. Clickfunnels vs Leadpages. In my opinion, these powerful and functional two are probably the top ones on the market right now. This makes it a very good choice to compare side by side.
Both options give you a "virtual ton" of options and ways to build some of the valuable high quality and converting landing pages or marketing sales funnels on the market today.
To help make things as easy to read as possible, I tried to format everything in kind of a side-by-side comparison mode for each section of this article. Hopefully, this format helps make you decision!
Ready for the 2019 comparison to help you, as a marketer, buy the right one for you and/or your business? So which user interface will it be? Leadpages vs Clickfunnels for your digital marketing automation enterprise value?
Lets go help you compare Click funnels vs Leadpages and find a simple right tools solution for freelancers, marketers or any entrepreneur like you....which is the leader? Is it either of these or other platforms?
Looking for something specific about each of these when comparing the performance of Clickfunnels versus Leadpages offers? Take a look at our quick navigation section below and feel free to click any of these links to instantly take you to that section of this article. Building landing pages with these sales tools is fun too!
Clickfunnels Vs Leadpages Side By Side
What Is Clickfunnels?
What Is Leadpages?
Compared to Clickfunnels, Leadpages is an online sales funnel and landing page software that helps individuals and businesses create and launch pages easily in order to sell their products and services online.
Wait, are they both tools the same for marketers? Well, no....we need to dig a little deeper in this vs Leadpages vs Clickfunnels article and see if one is a leader over the other.
So, if you read the above definitions of each of these products, at a high level, they seem to be just about the same. And you would be right, but once your get into the details, you'll see areas where they are very different.
Let's begin with what they both do to take your sales and marketing automation to the next business level in 2019 and turn you into an expert marketer:
Features That Both Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels Have
The interface via both Clickfunnels and Leadpages business tools and builder boasts a huge number of things that you can do with them to not only make your pages look amazing, but also be able to convert well. We can all agree that the converting is the most important feature to help you grow your online business sales and get your message out there!
Here is a feature list:
- Both Leadpages and Clickfunnels offer a web wysiwyg editor that allows you to clickable and editable drag and drop boxes customization of each element on a page or set of pages quickly and easily. I love the drag and drop elements editor that lets you create a sales funnel and get them published fast! Without haviong to know programming.
- Tons of templates to start with to make sure that your high converting landing page design comes out beautiful but convert well at the same time. Turn leads into customers!
- Simple dashboard interface editor that organizes things very well. Save hours of performance creating and focus on goals!
- Ability to easily integrate things for one time offs and up-sells sales to your customer as well as an email service provider.
- Need to integrate with other connected services and /or payment gateways? It offers easy integration with all the most popular email marketing software, host a webinar, messaging, content marketing, etc services out there. Just takes a few clicks to connect these services with your landing page or marketing funnel with ease.
- Leadpages and Clickfunnels offers an online marketer platform dashboard can easily add custom domains.
- Manage all your downloadable digital assets and do digital asset and lead magnet and digital asset delivery automatically to your customer.
- Create and save sets of reusable templates for your ebusiness sales pages.
- Lead pages and Click Funnels have the ability to collect emails and set up email marketing sending for things like promotional email list, resetting passwords, sending shipping notifications and communicate.
- Maintain a list of emails and opt ins that you want to stay unsubscribed to all your lists. Capture customers leads easily!
- Awesome affiliate program with tons of marketing materials to use and different products or alternatives to promote and earn a commission.
- Very detailed help document section that can answer many questions that pop up while working with the product. If this doesn't help you, an online chat is available as well.
- Fully mobile responsive handling many different screen sizes.
- Split testing feature settings that allow you to create landing pages variations and goal A/B test them against each other to find the best converting page for your audience. Creating landing pages is fun too!
- Clickfunnel vs Leadpages have traffic stats for your campaigns to give you access to your traffic numbers and conversion rate and lead scoring at a glance. Great for when you are testing different things for conversion rates.
- Add tracking codes, such as Google Analytics or Google Adwords to your head or body sections of your page.
- Ability to easily drop pixels and other tracking code into your sales marketing automation pages.
- Configurable basic SEO settings for pages (title tags, headings, meta descriptions, meta keywords, etc).
- Fast website hosting for your pages and funnels. Clickfunnels and Leadpages offers excellent hosting for their pages all hosted right though the builder.
- Available WordPress plugin that allows you to publish your pages right to your WordPress site.
- Ability to share funnels with other users, marketer, or entrepreneur that have them already pre built.
- Both Leadpages and Clickfunnels have FREE trials offer that lets you try before you buy! Get testing a landing page in minutes at no risk.
- Add all the most popular social media sharing buttons to all your existing pages on your campaigns, blog posts or other pages.
Differences That We Noticed On Clickfunnels Compared To Lead Pages
While there are quite a few feature similarities among the Click Funnels and Leadpages platform, as seen above, there are a few differences in offerings for marketers as well. I think that knowing what these differences are is really going to help you decide which is best for you.
The Biggest Difference Of Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels:
Clickfunnels is an easier to use builder (in my opinion). Why? Well, when you select your page template, the entire Clickfunnels funnel process is created and all tied together automatically. So after that you just need to edit each page and you are good to go. You can also easily add/change/delete steps in the funnel right from the website editor with a few simple clicks.
With Leadpages, compared to Clickfunnels, you need to create each sales page individually and tie them together manually into a funnel (at least this is how it worked at the time of this writing). Still works well but a bit more cumbersome.
Here are other differences of marketer management capabilities that we found with Leadpages compared to Clickfunnels:
- Huge “Clickfunnels Funnel Marketplace” that Clickfunnels allows you to shop for some fantastic professional designs to use in your landing pages. You can also create and sell your own funnel templates here. A great way to make a little extra money (and maybe even pay for the subscription!) is to create some custom templates and sell them here!
- Cool unique free Clickfunnels T-Shirt offer available for customers that complete a few easy tasks like creating your first funnel, watching a simple customer intro video.
- Leadpages has a built in ad creator that reads your landing page and creates a Facebook ad for you to use. Instantly!
- Clear Campaign ROI which allows you to easily see your ROI data on your ad spend.
- Sub accounts allowing you to get others on your team to manage your pages for you.
- Leadpages Leadlinks tools feature offer that allows you to set up your page to where a visitor or customers can subscribe to your list with just a single click with ease.
Pricing Comparison Between Clickfunnels and Leadpages
How much does pricing Clickfunnels Cost and what is offered?
- Start with a 14 day FREE Trial offer. Click here!
- Standard Clickfunnels pricing - starts at 97 per month. This basic plan gives you slots to create up to 20 funnels 100 landing pages and up to 20,000 visitors per month for this platform. All at a great cost.
- Clickfunnels Etison Suite - $297 month. This package basically unlocks all the limitations on the standard plan and makes the number of funnels/landing unlimited website traffic and pages. Includes Actionetics email autoresponder software and Backpack.
- Clickfunnels Platinum -
$697$297 per month for a limited time. It basically includes unlimited contacts, funnels, etc. Access to their new Official Funnel Hacker Forum. "Daily Virtual Hack-A-Thons" which are designed to help you through the process of creating your funnel from start to finish. New platform called "FunnelFlix". This platform is basically like a "Netflix of funnel info". All training, courses, etc from Clickfunnels exist in FunnelFlix - all included and it makes it so you do not need to buy any of their courses because they are all there! If you order right now, during their 5th birthday promotion, you can get Clickfunnels Platinum for $297 per month for a limited time instead of the regular $697.
* Note - billed monthly payments, but doing annual billing does give you a Clickfunnel discount on these prices. 30 day money back guarantee refund policy as well. Accepts credit card, etc
How much does Leadpages Cost and what is offered?
- Start with a 14 day FREE Trial.
- Standard Leadpages pricing - $37 per month. Great starter account that gives you access to many features but some are locked out.
- Leadpages Pro Plan - $97 month. This is their most popular plan and it goes you full access other than priority email support, some of the advanced email integrations, virtual workshops, etc.
- Leadpages Advanced - $321 per month. The advanced plan is a complete access to everything including a 1-on-1 call to help you get started.
* Note - doing annual billing does give you a discount on these prices.
Comparing The Funnel Creation Process Of Leadpages and Clickfunnels - Which Performs Better?
Both products feature easy to understand creation processes, but they are naturally slightly different.
Compared to Leadpages, Once you click the "Add New" Button, you are greeted with the following screen that allows you to choose the type of funnel you are going to be creating. What is interesting is the number of options it gives you!
On one side, you have the classic Clickfunnels process that gives you a more stripped down and customizable option for testing. The other give you the "Cookbook" option which is extremely cool! Look at the image below:
To me, the classic option in the suite is great if you want to quickly and easily create a small optin funnel, sales page or a webinar events sales page. If you want to get more advanced, the Cookbook designed landing page Builder is just the right thing and saves hours of time!
The Click Funnels Cookbook page Builder starts you off by choosing a funnel type such as video sales letter, 2-step tripwire, application, reverse squeeze page, live demo, etc. All types of different funnels to choose from. They even have each of these categorized by industry such as Author/Speaker/Coach, Retail, Professional Services, B2B, etc.
Whether you want lead generation for subscribers or sell a product, it is an awesome and easy way to create a set of landing pages and funnel.
Once you choose, you are greeted with a page that looks like this which allows you to choose your page template and get started.
And you are good to go! Tweak you design from the template starting point (or start with a blank screen), add additional pages/steps in your funnel process, integrate with third party applications and Clickfunnel services, create split test pages for conversion, etc.
Compared to Clickfunnels, Once you sign up here, you are taken to the main screen and in the top right hand corner there is a button allowing you to "Create New Leadpage". Once you click this button, you are given three choices depending on the type of Leadpage that you want to create:
After you choose one of the three above options, you are lead to a screen that allows you to further design what you are attempting to create Leadpages leadboxes. Let's take the "Generate Leads" lead capture option. The next step brings you to this:
Then, depending on the option you take here, it brings you to a selection of templates to use to get started.
Comparing The Template Selections Of Leadpages And Clickfunnels
Here is a quick selection of what some of the marketers templates look like for Leadpages and Clickfunnels tools. Both Click funnels and Lead pages compare to each other quite well for your customers and sales.
Clickfunnels has an excellent selection of fantastic looking templates to get started with. The other cool thing is that you can filter all of these by the functionality of each example template. This includes filtering by optin, sales, webinar funnels, membership members sites, clickpop, etc types of funnels:
Here is just a small sample of the Clickfunnels landing templates that they have available.
Still want more page template options? Take a look at this small selection from the Funnel Marketplace that is also available. Some amazing looking designs in here from other users just like you!
There is no shortage of different templates to choose from here. They are also categorized very well by use.
Like I mentioned in the last section, when you choose the type of promotion that you plan to use this for, it automatically filters out the best templates to use for whatever you choose.
However, you can still choose to browse all the templates available. Here is just a small sample of what you can get here.
Quick note, there are two different types of example templates:
Drag and drop templates:
Comparing The Types Of Funnels Available
Both Clickfunnels and Leadpages have an amazing array of different types of sales funnels and landing pages that you can choose and build from and show your ideal customer.
- Regular optin - gives you a starting point with both the squeeze page and thank you page.
- Sales funnel - includes a main sales page, product launch funnel step, order form page, one click upsell (OTO), one click downsell, order confirmation.
- Webinar funnel - includes registration, thank you and broadcast room pages.
- Membership site builder - signup links page and main content page.
- Other - Clickpop popup forms.
- Regular optin.
- Sales funnel.
- Mini Site creation.
- Event Registration.
Note - these are individual lead pages that you string together in order to create a funnel.
Integrating With Other Services
Here is a quick chart showing 3rd party management of integrations integrates with Leadpages vs Clickfunnels. An excllent marketer feature for both.
Third Party Service
GVO Pure Leverage
Easy Pay Direct
Zapier (for Marketo, etc)
As you would expect, Leadpages and Clickfunnels have excellent and effective methods and feature for helping and customer support when you need it.
- Detailed searchable Knowledgebase for quick and instant answers and guide to your applicable questions.
- Online marketing messaging system.
- Lots of helpful tutorial videos and course.
- The level of definite support you get really depends on the account level that you choose. Higher tiers include things like one-on-one quick start calls, priority phone support and virtual workshops.
- Detailed knowledge base.
- Contact message form.
- Weekly Q&A coaching funnels webinars.
Some of the Cons Of Each
With everything, nothing is perfect in these tools. Above, we have gone over a lot of the benefits that each of these offers based on the features that click funnels and leadpages provide. However, there are always some disadvantages that you need to realize as well between Clickfunnels and Leadpages.
- When comparing standard plans, it is the most expensive at $97 per month (but with that said, well worth that price!)
- With the amount of options available and things you can do, it can take awhile to get your head around it. However, there are excellent training videos available as well as a ton of info from users on Youtube. If you ever have any issues figuring out how to do anything, a quick Youtube search or looking in the available knowledge base can quickly solve it.
- While there are work-arounds for just about anything to get it to work, I wish there were more integrations options available.
- Some other features are lacking that Clickfunnels already has but perhaps in the future, they will come.
- I found the page designer to be more limited than other products.
Clickfunnels & Leadpages Affiliate Programs Available
I wasn't sure if I was going to add this section because I was not sure if my readers would be interested in promoting either Clickfunnels or Leadpages software products. However, after some thought, I thought that I would include this in case anyone wanted to try to promote it and make their money back on the purchase of these (or in many cases, many times more!). Both have excellent affiliate programs with a huge potential of earning a hefty income for a good affiliate marketer!
The affiliate program here is HUGE. Many different products to promote and earn money with. Here are just some highlights of the affiliate programs:
- Earn money by giving away a FREE book. This funnel also includes a number of upsells that can bring earnings as high as $927!
- Dream Car promotion. Get 100 active users and you get a bonus of extra payment towards a lease of your dream car.
- Funnel giveaway promotions.
- Webinar promotions.
Personally, I recommend promoting the 14-day free trial because the more of these that you generate for them, the better your chances at getting $38 per month per active paying user. These add up after while and can potentially provide a great monthly income.
They also have an extremely extensive library of promotional and marketer materials to use to help make those sales. These include conversation and email marketing swipes, banner ads, Facebook ads, Facebook posts, and much more.
More Clickfunnels affiliate program info here.
The Leadpages affiliate program is a bit more basic than the Clickfunnels option but it is still a solid program. You can earn 30% recurring commissions on all your sales.
I also have not seen anything as far as promotional materials to help out with selling the product - so it appears that you may be on your own for now on this but I would imagine that something would be added here in the future.
Clickfunnels And Leadpages Compared To Each Other
Here is our Leadpages ClickFunnels summary conversation. As you can see above, both Clickfunnels and Leadpages are excellent options. But which would I recommend? Are either one of these a leader over the other?
Well, for your information, personally I prefer and use Leadpages vs Clickfunnels vs anything else out there because I find it easier to use. But, if I were you, since they both have a 14 day free trial, I would recommend signing up for both of them, give them a try for free and choose the one that you like best bewtween Leadpages or Clickfunnels! Give us some customer feedback below on your experience and give us a response!
Some other excellent articles to help with your landing page builder management decisions:
- Clickfunnels alternatives
- What Is The 2 Comma Club?
- How to delete a funnel in Clickfunnels
- Can I use Paypal with Clickfunnels?
- Clickfunnels Shopify integration
Leadpages Vs Clickfunnels
I hope this Clickfunnels and Leadpages article helped you make your decision!